The GEICO FCU serves member shareholders' financial wellness by providing desired products with outstanding service, quality and personalized financial education through preferred access channels while maintaining fiscal strength.
Credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives that provide their members with a variety of banking products. Whether you need a Christmas Club account or a home equity loan, credit unions pay their members higher dividend rates, less fees and lower loan rates than banks. Also, our not-for-profit designation means that we are governed by a board of directors consisting of nine GEICO associates at offices around the country. At our core, we are an institution run by members for members. Additionally, our not-for-profit designation means that after covering our expenses, profits are shared with our members in the form of lower interest rates and higher dividends.
GEICO Federal Credit Union (GFCU) was chartered by the Bureau of Federal Credit Unions on September 29, 1950 as GEICO's Federal Credit Union. As GEICO grew, so has the credit union. Now we are known as GEICO Federal Credit Union and we offer a range of financial products that rival other banks and financial institutions.
Why should you join GEICO FCU?
- We are passionate about the core credit union philosophy of “Members Helping Members.” In other words, by joining GEICO FCU you are helping other GEICO associates with their financial needs, too.
- Unlike banks we are managed solely for the benefit of our members, not stockholders.
- We understand the unique financial needs of GEICO associates because all of the GEICO FCU staff are GEICO associates, too.
- Our Board of Directors is elected by our members and all of our directors are GEICO associates and GEICO FCU members, too.
- We have branches and ATMs in most of GEICO’s regions, so you don’t have to leave your building to conduct your banking.
- We also provide you access to your GEICO FCU account 24/7 through online banking, mobile apps and over 55,000 ATMs across the country.
- Profits made by GEICO FCU are returned back to our members in the form of reduced fees, higher dividend rates and lower loan rates.
- Once a member, always a member. As long as you maintain your account in good standing you are eligible to use our products and services.
- As a GEICO associate, even if you are not a member, you can sponsor your immediate family members or immediate household members for membership at GEICO FCU. And, they are eligible for all of the products and services that you are eligible for.
GEICO FCU - where you are more than a member, you’re family.
To join GEICO FCU or for more information, stop by your local branch or call us at 800-542-7896.
If you are located in an area without a branch, please send your completed membership application and copies of two forms of ID to MembersService@geicofcu.org.