BINGO 2018 Rules
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS FOR MEMBERS OF GEICO FEDERAL CREDIT UNION WHO HAVE A GEICO FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ACCOUNT FOR USE FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES IN GOOD STANDING AS OF 02/19/2018. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
- Sweepstakes Sponsor -GEICO Federal Credit Union, Washington, DC. All prizes are provided by GEICO Federal Credit Union.
- Timing - The sweepstakes begins on February 12, 2018 and ends on February 23, 2018. Sponsor is the official time keeper for this sweepstakes.
- Eligibility -Open to members of GEICO Federal Credit Union who are 18 years of age or older, have a GEICO Federal Credit Union account intended for use for personal, family or household purposes in good standing as of 02/05/2018. GEICO Federal Credit Union Employees, independent contractors, volunteers, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution or the sweepstakes and their immediate families (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children), including household members (people who share the same residence at least three months out of the year), are not eligible to participate. Business and organizational accounts are ineligible. Any member who has now or in the past caused a loss to the Credit Union is ineligible. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions.
- To Enter - Complete three tasks listed on the card found at geicofcu.org/game or in one of the regional branches. Mark the tasks that have been completed and submit the card according to the given instructions. Entries subject to verification. All entries must be received by 02/23/2018. Limit one entry per person. Completing the entire board gives a person two entries. To enter without completing the tasks on the card, print your full name, complete address, day and evening phone numbers (including area code), email address, date of birth and the last four digits of your membership number on a plain white 3x5 or 4x6 postcard and mail to GEICO Federal Credit Union ATTN: Marketing Dept., One GEICO Plaza, Washington, DC 20076. All contact information requested is required on the postcard entry form, or the entry will be void. Entries must be received by 02/23/2018.
- Prizes -There are three prizes. The Grand Prize will be a $500 deposit into the prizewinner's account. The second place prize will be an Amazon Echo Show (cash value $229). There will be three $25 Amazon Gift Cards as third place prizes.
- Winner Selection - The prize winner will be randomly selected from all entries received according to the schedule presented in Section 3 "To Enter". Winning entries subject to validation. The prize drawing will be conducted by GEICO Federal Credit Union, whose decision is final, on March 26, 2018. No prizes will be awarded after March 26, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the entry period. Limit one prize per winner, winner's household and winner's immediate family. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitute will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
- To Claim Prize -The winners will be notified via e-mail, U.S. mail and/or telephone within seven days after drawing date. Notified winners may email email@example.com to claim their prize. Further, GEICO Federal Credit Union will require that all winner sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release form ("Affidavit"). If a prizewinner does not accept a prize, another random drawing will be held from the remaining eligible entries and the prize will be awarded to the winner of that drawing.
- General Terms -Valid only in the United States. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Members and sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, which will be posted at geicofcu.org/sweepstakes throughout the sweepstakes, and by the decisions of GEICO Federal Credit Union which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for GEICO Federal Credit Union to use the winners' names and likeness online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the sweepstakes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Entrants also agree to the use of his/her name and photograph in any GEICO Federal Credit Union publication or website or other electronic media if drawn as a prizewinner.
- Limitation of Liability -GEICO Federal Credit Union does not in any way endorse, warrant, or assume liability for the prizes offered in this sweepstakes. GEICO Federal Credit Union assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, postage due or mutilated entries or for any entries not accepted because of computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. By entering, participants release and hold harmless GEICO Federal Credit Union from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes or from the use or acceptance of any prize won. GEICO Federal Credit Union is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any sweepstakes related materials; or stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries; or applications/forms processed late, incorrectly, or lost due to computer, electronic malfunction, or human error. GEICO Federal Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be acting in violating of the Official Rules. GEICO Federal Credit Union also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be or suspects to be tampering with, or attempting to tamper with the entry process, or the operation of the sweepstakes. GEICO Federal Credit Union also reserves the right to cancel or modify the sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the sweepstakes, or the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, as determined by GEICO Federal Credit Union in its sole discretion.
- Disputes -Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Maryland State Court; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
- Winner's List / Offical Rules -To receive a list of the prize winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope by February 23, 2018 to GEICO Federal Credit Union ATTN: Marketing Dept., One GEICO Plaza, Washington, DC 20076. Please specify "Rules" or "Winner List." You may also view the rules at geicofcu.org/sweepstakes.