Whether it is your core business courses or finishing your undergraduate degree, taking classes never seemed easier!
GEICO FCU offers Tuition Reimbursement (TR) Loans to qualified GEICO FCU members who have obtained approval through GEICO Human Resources to attend school.
The TR Loan is a short-term 6 month loan that requires a small bi-weekly payment.
The TR loan will allow you to pay for tuition costs and qualified expenses until you have successfully completed the course, met the GEICO requirements for reimbursement and received the tuition reimbursement from GEICO. These expenses can include:
- Application fee
- Lab Fees
- Course Registration
- Online/ Distance Learning Fees
- Pay for your classes upfront
- Payments can be set up automatically to avoid missing a payment
How do I apply?
- Completed Tuition Reimbursement Loan Application from GEICO FCU.
- Copy of GEICO tuition approval from an authorized HR Coordinator. The approval must itemize the cost for tuition, books and fees. If you provide a copy of the HR email that does not itemize the tuition cost, GEICO FCU staff may contact the HR coordinator to obtain this information. The HR Tuition Coordinator must confirm in writing the amount approved for tuition, books and fees. GEICO FCU will not process a loan without written confirmation of the approved costs from HR.
- Separate itemized statement(s) from the school showing the semester, classes and the cost of tuition, books and fees.
- Completed Self-Certification Form from the school. This form can be obtained from the school’s financial aid office or HR and must be given to GEICO FCU before the loan is approved.
- Proof of payment if you have already paid the tuition. The proof of payment must be an itemized receipt from the school. A check can be issued to you and/or a third party and/or deposited into your account.
Upon receipt of all required documentation, the loan will be preapproved. Standard loan underwriting guidelines are waived. No debt ratio and employment.
To get started, download the GEICO FCU Tuition Reimbursement Loan Application and apply today! Submit your application with the required documents to your local branch or fax everything to (301) 986-3757.